Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Day 30 - Formwork for slab done.

Hi friends,

As the title above suggest, today the formwork for the slab was done, so thank you to my site supervisor and the grano's (concreter) for organising and doing this especially when the weather wasn't so great - well done. I met my site supervisor for the first time on site along with my building inspector from J*st *nspection . I wasn't happy with how the inspector inspect the work, I wanted him to check whether the measurements are correct, the slab is squared, and the reinforcement are laid correctly. All he did was had a quick look at the engineer's plan, walked around the formwork, and then said everything is fine, it was done in like 5 minutes. I asked him to check the measurement and he said he doesn't do that. Geez I paid $400 for a 5 minute job. You probably wondering why I hired this company for the inspection?? Well it's because the inspectors are qualified inspectors and I thought they would do a thorough inspection, how disappointing!

The only good thing apart from getting the ok was that he answered some of my concerns. I asked him whether the formwork are squared and level and he took a look and said most of the edge of formwork ( the timbers) are seriously out of level and he doesn't know whether the concreter uses the edge of formwork as the level marker or uses the height datum method . If it was the first one then it must be fixed. The site supervisor was told of this and after the inspection he called up the concreter to ask about the level. Shortly after, he contact me and advised that the concreter told him he uses height datum or something like that for measuring the level of the pour (my guess it's level machine the one on the tripods where you see site surveyors normally use) and doesn't use the formwork as a marker. Oh well I just have to trust them to make the concrete level and that the concrete will be good.

Tomorrow they will pour the concrete, so hopefully the rain will hold off until they finish the concreting. PLEASE don't rain during the concreting.

Anyway you all probably getting bored so see below for the photo's.

Looking from front of house between the porch and main bedroom.



Looking from the front of garage.


Looking at porch and master bedroom.

Front shot of house.


Alfresco. See how the formwork board is crooked.


Looking at alfresco from lounge room. You see those three bars in the corners laying diagonally well that's the crack control bars and there's one in most of the corners.

See the pink stuff on around the pipe, that's the termite protection barrier. There's one for every internal pipe penetration.


No comments:

Post a Comment