Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Day 99: Garage wall completed

Hello friends,

It looks like the garage brick wall has been completed so a job well done to the brickies. I was surprised that the bricking above the garage door was completed today because the steel lintel wasn't delivered yesterday so I didn't expect the steel lintel to be delivered and then installed straight away so a big thank you to my site supervisor for organising it perfectly. Anyway I'm relieved that the garage wall is completed and we can begin to move on to the next stage as I want the roof tiles installed as soon as possible so it could shield the timber frame from the weather but that won't happen until the brickies finish bricking the whole house so that would be another month time. I'm deeply concern about the quality of the timber frame because it have been subjected to the rain and sun for over 2 months now therefore I'm not sure how much longer it can withstand the elements before it loses its' structural strength. I will raise this concern at the frame stage inspection to my independent building inspector.

Bricking to the front of garage with the unexpected brick above garage door




The wall is just over 3 metres high because it's built on the site boundary.
Looking from the front into the garage.
The brick piers inside the garage. The brickies did a good job at bricking it but to bad it's going to be plastered over.
Brick ties for one of the facade column to be done later on.
Looking at the rear garage door from the inside.
Looking at the front of garage door from the rear garage door.
Looking at the rear garage door from the outside. Hmm I just notice how funny the door look against the tall brick wall.
The brickies stacked more bricks around the house waiting for the go ahead to brick after frame inspection.

No comments:

Post a Comment