Friday, July 3, 2009

Land Development Pics

For those who are interested on how part of an estate gets built. These pictures were taken during the development of our land stage. The works on land started around early September 2008 and completed in May 2009. Enjoy.

Road and Service Connections:
Digging up the rocks for the road and I think putting in the drain pipe.

Look at those ugly rocks!!!

Rocks are dugged out and levelling of the road starts.



Laying the Gas and Water pipes.




Complete the laying of pipes underneath road and levelled the road ( looks more like a dried out river bed than a road lol).



Starting to look like a proper road.




We have road kerbs yay! That's a good looking piece of dirt (wonder who owns it lol???)


Trench dugged out for house drain discharge point and water connection point.



Connection point for fresh water (black cap), recycle water (purple cap), and I think gas (on the black pole).




I think the H written on the kerb stands for House Drain. Also there are GW (Gas & Water) and EO (Electricity) engraved into the kerb.





Electricity connection point.



No idea what that big black box is for.



These pipes goes through the big black box.



Road nearly done.



We have crossovers and foot path.




Sewer: For those who's interested in knowing how they construct the main sewer.


Sewer trench dugged out and I think the big metalic thing is to protect the workers when they are down there (stops the dirt/rocks from falling in).


Sewer pipes are laid and this will eventually connect to the man hole hence the big unused space.


Preparing to build a man hole for the sewer.


Man hole taking shape.






The sewers are done.



Well that's it for now, I hope you enjoyed the pics (pretty boring hey lol).

Update: We are booked in for colour selections in a couple of weeks time, so stay tune for an update on our selections for our house (and of course pictures), going to be fun!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Polo,
    I just happened to stumble across your blog, which is lucky for me. I was googling Zucala to find out what other people think about there building process. I am stating(kind of) the building process with Zucala and am very excited.
    This weekend I am singing my land contract for Aurora, and I am also building the Galleria, I absolutely love it!!!!
    As my land is in stage 14, my land won’t be titled until March/April 2010, but seeing your photos makes me very excited to see it when it happens for me next year. I'll just have to live through your photos for a little while!
    Anyway all the best, and keep the photos coming!
    nat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Nat,

    Thanks for following our blog, I hope you will enjoy reading and seeing our building journey. I am sorry I took this long to reply to you, how did you go with contract signing? Wow it brings back memory as I was in your position over 1 and half years ago. Congratulations on your purchase and best of luck with your building process.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Polo,
    I have really enjoyed reading your blog. Although I did forget about it, until now. The signing went really well, its all done now so that is one thing that is out of the way. Thought for a week or two it wasn’t going to happen, as there was a bit of confusion over some of the costs, but it is all sorted now. I think it was about 3 weeks ago when we decided on the extras that we wanted and it hit us how much it is all going to cost!!! Hope it all goes well for you.
    Nat

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Nat,

    Thanks for the reply. It's great to hear that your contract signing went well as ours did too. Not sure if you've been to Aurora lately,there are lots of developments and constructions going on, houses are popping up everywhere in stage 8,9 and 10.Also the area for the new display homes are under construction. I'm not sure where stage 14 is so can't take a look for you and give you an update.

    ReplyDelete